Thursday 16 August 2018

Execution Phase


In the execution phase I still need to contract as many segments as possible to generate maximum force. As well as using my lower body segments, I also need to contract my upper body muscles in my basketball shot. In order to generate maximum force I need to follow a sequence of contracting my larger muscles first through to my smaller muscles. I can see from my picture that I'm producing force because my knees and hips are extending. Also, I need to make sure the timing is correct in my sequence. This means that my joints need to contract one after the other.

While in the execution phase the joints that are being used are Hip joint, Knee joint and Ankle joint. While moving from the preparation phase to the execution phase these joint movements are changing. The knee joint is extending. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is Quadriceps and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is my hamstrings. The hip joint is extending. The agonist muscle is my Gluteus Maximus and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is my Quadriceps. The Ankle joint is plantarflexing. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is Gastrocnemius. The antagonist muscle relaxing to make this movement is Tibialus. The differences/similarities I can see in my joints and the ideal are both our legs are extending and so is our arms.

In the execution phase I am using Newton's 2nd law. Newtons 2nd law states in the direction of the force being applied, and will accelerate at a rate depending upon the greater force will move an object faster than a smaller force. I can see that by bending my legs I am creating force to be able to accelerate the ball towards the hoop. The greater the force produced in my body the greater the acceleration I put into my shot.

In the execution phase balance and stability is important to produce a well coordinated shot. To be balanced my centre of gravity has to be at the point about which the distribution of these individual weights is symmetrical is the centre of gravity of the body, in other words is being balanced. Also I know I am balanced because I can see my centre of gravity is in the centre of my body which means im stabled and balance. I can see that my stance is similar to the Ideal because He's tip toeing and so am I also because both our hands are in the air.










No comments:

Post a Comment