Friday 22 June 2018

Preparation Phase












To generate maximum force I need to contact as many segments as possible. I know I am contracting segments in my preparation phase because my knees are bending, the more segments I use the more force I put into my shot. I know I am following the principle of sequencing because I am contracting my lower muscles, I can see I am contracting my lower body muscles because my knees are bending.

In the preparation phase I am contracting my lower body muscles. This means that I am using my Hips, Knees and Ankle joints in this phase.The first joint I'm using is my Hip joint. My hip joint is classified as a Ball and Socket joint, I can see that I'm flexing my Hip joint because I'm in a stance. My agonist muscle is my Quadriceps. My antagonist muscle is my Gluteus Maximus. My second joint I'm contracting is my knee joint. My knee joint is classified as a Hinge joint, I can see from my picture that my knees are bent therefore my knees are flexed. The agonist muscle is my hamstrings. The antagonist muscle is my Quadriceps. My Last joint I'm contracting is my ankle joint. My ankle joint is classified as a Hinge joint, I can see that my ankle is facing down which means that my ankles are Dorsiflexion. The agonist muscle is my Tibialis Anterior. The antagonist muscle is my Gastrocnemius. The differences between myself and the ideal athlete is I am leaning a bit forward and my legs are more flexed.

In the preparation phase I am using Newton's laws. The Newton's laws that I am using in this phase is his 1st law. Newton's 1st Law states a body continues in its state of rest or uniform motion unless an unbalanced force acts upon it. I am using newton's first law in my lower body by flexing my knees this means I am creating force to shoot the ball.

In the preparation phase balance and is important when performing a sporting movement. Line of gravity is defined as the vertical line that passes the centre of gravity to the ground e.g To be stable the line of gravity must fall within our base of support. Base of support is defined as the area that is in contact with the ground e.g The larger the contact area with the ground the greater the stability. My line of gravity is located. I can see I have base of support because my legs are shoulder width apart and both of my feet are on the ground, Therefore I am stable which allows my body to produce enough force in the preparation phase. The differences/Similarities I can see in my balance and stability compared to the ideal, we are both flexing our knees and both our feet are on the ground.





No comments:

Post a Comment